Innovation is expected at different levels: Modelling, simulation tools, Control algorithms, validation procedure.
- Modelling components: accurate models for PV and storage units, considering specific problems like ageing, parametric drifts and shadowing for PV. These models and load models will be based on data base generated in Tunisian conditions.
- Modelling systems with technico-socio-ecomical aspects: The whole residential nanogrid (ReNaG) will be simulated including the different nanogrid components (PV, Storage and loads), but also energy management system ( EMS), grid conditions, dynamic pricing and social behavior.
- The combination between real prototype (Solar PV inverter, linear loads), emulated systems (complex load, second-use batteries used in banks, series and parallel association of PV modules, grid) and /or virtual prototypes with PHIL concept.
- Combination with different simulation tools to simulate systems with different and widely various time constant : PSIM software to cope with power electronics topologies and filters, EMTP-RV for electrical distribution network, Labview for supervision and monitoring.
CONTROL, ESTIMATION, FAULT DETECTIONS AND RECONFIGURATIONS ALGORITHMS:
- Hierarchical control structure for PV inverter achieving basic function (current and voltage control, grid synchronization) PV specific functions (MPPT, ant-islanding protections), and ancillary functions for grid support (voltage and frequency regulation, active and reactive power control) and home energy management.
- Models will be validated using available real systems (PV) and test protocol to create shadow on modules of different size of PV farms. Mix of virtual and real prototype to consider sever and complex scenario of rooftop system integration on Tunisian electrical distribution network.